British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

lochness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Dog Friendly Places To Stay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lina

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: lochness Reply with quote

Someone o know has just come back from hols in scotland.The cottage was self catering(which you can understand when i say she had 4 cockers as well)i wish i could get the pics from her forum to this one,it is so lovely and peaceful.She said it didnt look much to look at but was really comfortable.Lochnesswelcome.co.uk and self catering and then lochnesshideaways.loads of walks and of course the loch.
donothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Scotland Reply with quote

Hi Lina

We have just returned from Gardenstown, nr Bamff (NE coast of Scotland) where we stayed in a very nice dog friendly cottage and an even nicer dog friendly village - our cottage was less than 10 feet from the beach and was booked via Hoseason's.

The cottage had open fires, which Bailey took a day or two to get used too because of the cracking noise and was really nice - I would recommend Dog Friendly Hoseasons Cottages to anyone.

We were within an hours drive of Elgin, Inverness, Loch Ness and Aberdeen, and many of the castles allowed dogs in the grounds so Bailey could run riot in large parks and around lochs then have a sleep in the car while we looked around the castles and had lunch.
Rhiannan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Scotland Reply with quote

donothing wrote:
Hi Lina

We have just returned from Gardenstown, nr Bamff (NE coast of Scotland) where we stayed in a very nice dog friendly cottage and an even nicer dog friendly village - our cottage was less than 10 feet from the beach and was booked via Hoseason's.

The cottage had open fires, which Bailey took a day or two to get used too because of the cracking noise and was really nice - I would recommend Dog Friendly Hoseasons Cottages to anyone.

We were within an hours drive of Elgin, Inverness, Loch Ness and Aberdeen, and many of the castles allowed dogs in the grounds so Bailey could run riot in large parks and around lochs then have a sleep in the car while we looked around the castles and had lunch.

Shocked

Oh my god! I had no idea, I live litterally about 2 miles from Gardenstown! We take Bailey down to the beach sometimes, such a shame I didn't know or we could have met up and let the Baileys run wild Laughing

What a co-incidence! It is a pretty little village and the walk round to Crovie is a nice one.
donothing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Gardenstonw Reply with quote

Sorry to have missed meeting up, it would have been nice for both the Bailey's - We will be back next year, if I have my way, however we will be staying a little further west with http://www.hillock-head.co.uk/ who are very dog friendly - we met Michele and Peter the owners in the pub at Gardenstown - hopefully the weather will be better and we will get to see the dolphins
lina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will definitely be holidaying in Scotland next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Dog Friendly Places To Stay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: