British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not Recommended: Roxburghe Guest House, Kinross

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Dog Friendly Places To Stay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donothing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Not Recommended: Roxburghe Guest House, Kinross Reply with quote

According to the internet this is a dog friendly B&B - it is not!

We checked out within 5 minutes of arrival, the room was tiny, not clean, had no on-suite, the hotel loo was outside our bedroom door. We were lectured by the manager that if our Dal got any foot prints on the bedding we would be charged extra for laundry - this was a 70 per night B&B and I had assumed that clean linen was standard, not an extra charge?. The manager also lectured us for not having a dog cage with us - they were aware of the dog and were aware it was a Dalmatian, but as it was the room was not big enough for a dog cage.

On checking out the manager her the nerve to check the room to ensure there was no dog foot prints or hair in the room before she gave me a refund! and stated that for two adults and a dog I should have asked for a double room! the room was a double and they knew it was Steve, Bailey and myself, again I assumed that despite the ad saying from 20 pppn was why we were being charged 70 per night.

A local recommended the Kinross Travel Lodge where we ended up staying for 51 including Bailey, not bad as we just turned up and asked for a room - the room was huge, clean & no extra for dog hair or paw prints.
fred22

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you Sandie and thanks for giving us the reviews, very useful this section could become
Homeless

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good post, and this will certanly go into my list of places to watch out for.

We do a lot of Caravaning, and would recomend the the Caravan club,
Pembrey country park in particular.
The site is very well run, and the park is doggy haven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Dog Friendly Places To Stay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: