British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chloe (Spring 1998 - 23/8/11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blodwen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Chloe (Spring 1998 - 23/8/11 Reply with quote

It's taken me a while to be able to post here.... Sadly I had to have my beloved Chloe PTS last month after her brave battle with bone cancer. A horrible, painful disease with sadly only one outcome. Chloe stayed strong, in good spirit (in her typical feisty, determined way) and with a great appetite (she did love her food - which meant anything vaguely edible), so I was pleased that her favourite pastime continued literally right to the end.

This Summer, Chloe was 13 1/2 yrs old and I knew the day would come sooner rather than later but she was in excellent health, still very active, loving her long walks with the youngsters everyday. Then she developed a limp that would seem to improve after rest but then she would slip and fall, aggravating it again. I took her to the vets worrying that she may have damaged her cruciate ligaments again but I was devastated when the X-ray revealed she had a bone tumour in her right hind leg. The words "lytic lesion" and the likelihood of "lung metastases" were used, which were new to me but I could see clearly how the bone was disintegrating around her knee joint. It also showed she had a metal plate and screws in her leg from her previous cruciate operation, which surprised the vet and I, as we didn't realise she had had the TPLO procedure in her youth.

The only treatment was palliative care, so I brought Chloe home and spoiled her for what time she had left. It turned out to be 2 weeks from diagnosis to the dreaded call for the vet to come to the house.

I would like to thank Dalmatian Welfare for bringing Chloe into our lives when she was 9 yrs old, as a companion for my old boy, Robbie. I must admit, she wasn't an easy dog at first, as she had lots of issues and it took a good 12-18 months for her to calm down and get over her separation anxiety - but she taught me so much. Chloe was a beautiful, loyal and very loving girl and such a big character.

I miss her so much, she was my little shadow and faithful sofa companion (as Dylan has always taken himself off to bed early). He and Tricksy have been a little lost without her but thankfully they have eachother for company. She was such a presence in the house and her legacy will live on as she taught Dylan how to open doors (he has a long way to go before he matches her prowess at opening the fridge, oven, microwave, childgate and handbag zips!)

My one consolation is that Chloe is free from pain now xx
Spotalot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Oh Sue I am so sorry for your loss Crying or Very sad

How awful for you and what a shock.

Thank you for giving her a lovely forever home and being so brave in making the final decision to free her from any pain and suffering.

Run free at the bridge Chloe.
Hugs and licks from us all.
Take Care
X
sas1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry for your loss, I really am. ((((hugs))))
Evejames

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs*

Sorry for your loss xxx
www.tippledal.moonfruit.com
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry for the pain you're going through. You gave Chloe a wonderful 'second life', and she was blessed to have been cared for so much.
KissCass

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry to hear of your very sad loss and sincerely hope that you will be able to remember her with a smile as well as a tear. They enrich our lives so much.
Homeless

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue. so very sorry to hear of your loss.
She sounds like She was quite a character.
Its so sad when these things happen. Sad
Maggi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Sue - so sorry to hear this. Thank you for giving Chloe a second chance home and for loving her so much in her senior years - she was a lucky dog to have you as a family and I'm sure you will remember her with love and a smile for he clever tricks.
Flygirl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue, I'm so sorry for your loss. How brave of you to make the decision to free her from pain at the right moment.

Run free Choe xx

www.elizabethsampsonpiano.co.uk
www.dalstorm.co.uk
www.nuadalseurope.co.uk
http://tyrodal-nuagene.blogspot.com/
lina

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so sorry to hear your sad news,my thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time
Ellie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so sorry to read about your terrible loss. Thoughts are with you

A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
donothing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: loss Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your lost, however Rainbow Bridge now has another Dalmatian playing with new friends made xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: