British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obedience Training !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Obedience Training !!! Reply with quote

Is there anyone in the NorthWest who could recommend an obedience class for very intelligent puppy Question
I would perfer any classes offered to not be on a Wednesday because we are already attending ring craft Wink
Thanks in advance,
Ribblehill
Jules

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Jo
Apparently there is one somewhere nr brockhole / Darwen area.
We never went ourselves (our was on a wednesday - plus we stopped going after a year as they just seemed to want our money rather than let the dogs progress Confused )
The guy who runs it is supposed to be really good and is an ex police dog trainer.
Sorry i dont have any more details, i just remember quite a few people reccomending it when i used to work over that way, and know it was on a monday night. If you can find out who he is - he is apparently really good !
Wink well that was less than useless info from me really i do appologise !!!!
Jules xx
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Training Reply with quote

Jules, thanks for the email!!! Not the most informative but ay least i have somrthing to go on with Rolling Eyes
Jo
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must apologise for the poor spelling, puppy exhaustion and fresh air have taken their toll Embarassed
Helen Simpson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: Training Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you live, but My Pet Shop, Parkway, Denton, Manchester. Just off M60 J24. Do classes. web address www.mypetshop.com. We have joined the classes at Leeds. 7 week course at 70. Starts with basic training, then towards the end of the course fly ball and agility. Very Happy
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Training Classes Reply with quote

Thanks Helen, for the info. Unfortunately the distance prohibits me from attending however this is the kind of information that we can all share Very Happy
Ribblehill
bryedal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Training Classes Reply with quote

Hi
If you send me your address, I can send you a list of Clubs in your area, that are licensed by the Kennel Club.
Liz
E Mail
prhammett@lineone.net
Hebemor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: obedience training Reply with quote

Hi,

Go to www.obedienceuk.com
click on club profiles and you should be able to find a training club in your area.

Colin.
Angela

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I noticed the posts regarding obedience training are a little old and didn't know how relevant they'd be now. I have a very strong minded and very physical strong 7 month old pup. He is fantastic around the house, apart from a bit of scrounging for food but he wants to greet everyone and jump up at them. Being just over 28 kilograms already you can imagine the potential problems of this. When he is out walking he PULLS and he wants to see everyone so there's no letting him off the lead yet and he'd go bouncing up to every person he sees. He needs some proper obedience training for all our sakes. Can anyone recommend a place in the North West? We are in Chorley at the moment. Thank you
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Puppy training needs in the NW Reply with quote

Hi Angela,

I can reccommend Angela Holt who not only holds puppy training classes but is also available for home visits too!

Her contact details are home 01254 - 820435,
mobile 07966 - 714263
email: angela@holt.fsnet.co.uk

I hope this helps?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North West All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: