British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question re dog food

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
anitahay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: question re dog food Reply with quote

[size=12][/size
Can anyone help with suggestions re a good dog food for our Dalmation. We have a 2 year old male that we got from the local rescue kennels. We are feeding him Wainwrights Grain Free Adult 1 - 7 years Turkey and Vegtable dry dog food as the assistant in Pets at Home recommended this to us. Initially this was was fine but for the last week or so he has had the most terrible wind in the evenings - can only describe as sulphuric/rotten eggs, although his stools are mostly solid. Also his water consumption has increased significantly. Wednesday he drank 6 pints and yesterday 8 pints of water. We have been to the vets as she said to measure daily consumption and we are taking a urine sample in tomorrow to get checked. He had kennel cough when we first go him so was on antibiotics but that has nearly cleared up. Apart from these issues he is happy, full of beans and running around the park. He also gobbles up his food (200g twice daily). We do not mind paying for the expensive stuff but are there any cheaper products available that anyone can recommend? Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated!
bryedal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: food Reply with quote

if you put 'food' into 'search' just above on this page, you will get loads of info about what owners are feeding successfully. Burns, James Well Beloved, Chappie and Raw Feeding seem the most suitable for Dals.
Mrdarcy12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dal also suffered with terrible wind when I first got him.I found wainwrights also do a fish based one.That suited him and stopped the wind but as you say is quite expensive.I tried a few others before coming across chudleys salmon rice and vegetable ,he has been on it for two and half years and no wind problems at all.Is about 20.00 for 15kg.
anitahay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the advice - I will follow your suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: