British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there any body there?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roxy,
Just realised no-one had reply to your message Shocked
Welcome aboard Wink
Hope you are all well ?
Jules & the spotty monsters xxx Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Angela

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, another fellow northerner here! I live in Euxton, near Chorley and have a 6 month old dally. He's absolutely mental and very entertaining to have around. Know what you mean about not seeing so many Dally's around, someone even commented when I had him out in Wordon park the other day that you don't see many anymore. I can't wait to take him for longer walks when he gets older, at the moment he gets really nervous about going in the car too so we've not been that far exploring new places. Think he gets enough exercise playing fetch and chasing plastic bottles around though. Anyway, nice to know there's other people around here who love the same spotty dogs
Jules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Harvey !
I used to work in Chorley but am (apparently!) living the life of leisure with the dogs and kids now ! - mmm leaisure i think not ! Wink
Wecome aboard !
Jules & the mad dots of Baxenden xxx
Angela

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Most embarrassing moment Reply with quote

This is more of an amusing moment, at least to passers by. My 6 month Harvey was walking me through worden park over Easter. I've been trying to encourage him to go in the river and have a splash, he was curious but not too confident. Problem solved now. As i was stood on one side with him on his extend-able lead he saw another dog on the other side and decided he wanted to play! So, off he splashed across the river and up the steep embankment! Given there are concrete posts in the water and the embankment was chest height on me I didn't want to encourage little Buggalugs to jump down. There was no chance anyway, he soon realised he was stuck and started to cry. Who had to go across the river to get him!? Well, as I tip toed across trying my best to stay dry I got over without getting too wet, tried to pick him up he decided he was scared and whimpered and bounced away from me! So, up I scrambled hands and feet to retrieve my silly dog. I was not impressed! Are all dalls this silly!? Since this event he's been diving into the river and chasing his splashes! Something tells me there's going to be more silliness from him, don't think he's got the most common sense!

Anyway, enough wittering from me. Just putting a post in reply to Ribblehill. Anyone else got any embarrassing scenarios that their dalls have got them into?
Jules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya
many many times i have been soooo close to going in the water after our mad lot !!!
Otis will jump first then think later Rolling Eyes often after being under for ages will amerge with a daft look of oh that was a bit deeper than expected !!! Wink
Theo will paddle happily, but after following Otis several times and almost had me in after him - especially in the Canal, has given up on anything deeper than ankle height !! Wink
& Shadow enjoys to tease Theo and splash away happily in the deeps too Wink
Jules & the doty spotties xxx
chetters

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Dalmatians and sheep Reply with quote

I was very concerned to read on this part of the forum that some postings think that allowing their Dalmatians to chase sheep is funny. Evil or Very Mad Don't these animal lovers realise that a ewe will miscarry if chased by dogs?? Crying or Very sad
Please, keep dogs on leads wherever there are sheep grazing
A farmer is within his rights to shoot any dog found loose in a sheep field and it is no use trying to defend the dog by saying it was only for fun.
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Countryside Code of Conduct Reply with quote

Thanks Chetters,

A timely reminder that good animal husbandry starts at home. A well trained dog and a responsible owner can enjoy the countryside without endangering stock or their own dogs futures.
Jules

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Dalmatians and sheep Reply with quote

chetters wrote:
I was very concerned to read on this part of the forum that some postings think that allowing their Dalmatians to chase sheep is funny. Evil or Very Mad Don't these animal lovers realise that a ewe will miscarry if chased by dogs?? Crying or Very sad
Please, keep dogs on leads wherever there are sheep grazing
A farmer is within his rights to shoot any dog found loose in a sheep field and it is no use trying to defend the dog by saying it was only for fun.

If you actually read the post it says the sheep are on the other side of a fence !!!! - i suppose i am in control of weather sheep decide to run or not now too !
& also states that the sheep give far more than they get !!!!!
Do ewes carrying young in the middle of winter - mmm no !
What else does the post say - oh yeah that we werent going there BECAUSE the sheep where there !!!!
One of my dogs goes to a farm everyday and runs with a sheepdog - i suppose he is doing harm to the sheep they herd is he Exclamation - No exactly !

I dont need to defend my dogs to anyone because they are not doing anything wrong !

If you knew the area that was refered to you would know exactly what we meant about the sheep anyway, but you dont Rolling Eyes

Jules
chetters

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: sheep & dogs Reply with quote

Sorry if I misread your posting but I will repeat that sheep will miscarry ( yes - even when they aren't due to lamb immediately) if they are disturbed and run whether or not they are on the other side of a fence.
I do know about animal husbandry having spent a lifetime of living with farm animals. I will also repeat that a farmer is within the law to shoot any animal off a lead he discovers worrying his sheep - whichever side of the fence they are on.
Please don't allow a situation to develop where your dogs are allowed to run off a lead unless you are 100% sure that no animals are in the immediate area.
Jules

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 5:28 pm    Post subject: Removal of post Reply with quote

Jules,

In this instance i feel the correct course of action is to remove your post, therefore i have edited it accordingly.

North West Moderator.
diane tia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everyone
I live in colne lancs.
I have a 3 year old bitch called tia, she has been with us 5 weeks now.
She is a rescue from wales.
This is our first dally, and would like another in the future, but not yet.
I also have two terriers, 10 years old, called max & minnie.
tia wants to be top dog, but max & minnie wont let her.
Tia is a very energetic dog and we seem to be getting fitter daily, we havn't seen any other dally's on our walks round the Colne area.
but i am sure they must be some.
just to say thanks to jo [ribblehill] for introducing me to this site, never off it.
diane tia
madison

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I am fairly new to the site, but had great feedback to a question about my pulling dal. I live in Liverpool, Merseyside and love my 9 month dalmation Madison. I wanted a dal from when i was little, but as i had a brother allergic to dogs i had to wait for something i wanted so much. (used to say i wanted a dal more than a brother!) but 9 months ago Madison was instroduced to my own family and it has been great.

She is always making me smile at the things she does, as anyone with a dal will know. (recently jumping into the canal to swim with the ducks) She has just come into to season so anyone with information on having their dal spayed would be helpful.

Love the site and has plenty of helpful advice

Regards

Laura Very Happy
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: The 'Pool' Reply with quote

Hi Laura

Thank you for your lovely comments about the site!

With regards to speying, that subject is covered in the 'Breeding' section and should answer most of your questions.
It is always healthy to allow a bitch to have one season as it generally helps to eliminate all unwanted cells from her uterus. The normal practice is to spey 3 months post season, which is generally considered half way between seasons. You should contact your vet you can discuss this with him/her. Remember some seasons maybe protracted (up to 30+ days) and may lead to phantom pregnancies so be prepared and be careful when exercising your pooch!

Good luck
Jasper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everybody in the north west.

Looking forward to sharing some of the fun that I have with my dally Jasper with the good folks of the forum.

I live in a small village on the edge of Manchester and Warrigton called Hollins Green. Bizarrely there are 3 dallys in the village, mine being the youngest at 7 months.
Kay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jasper

I haven't been active on the forum for a while, as you may have noticed from the thread.

Welcome Very Happy Not sure where Hollins Green is Confused Geography not my strongest point Laughing Hope your Baby is keeping you on your toes Laughing

At the moment, apart from our old guy (about 10/11yrs) We have 2 x 10 1/2month olds Laughing Laughing They are keeping us occupied.

Kay

http://www.champdogs.co.uk/breeder/18404
http://www.nuadalseurope.eu/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North West All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: