British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Everyone remembers Lucy and smiles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulbrom2001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Everyone remembers Lucy and smiles Reply with quote

12 October 2007 was the day we had to let our Lucy go. We found Lucy at the Last Chance Rescue Sanctuary in Edenbridge, a frightened and underweight rescue. Her story was that she was from a puppy farm in Wales and could not or would not breed so was taken to the local vets to be put to sleep.

Lucy came home with us in May 1997, over the next few months Lucy slowly came out of her shell girl and we had 10 happy years together.

We have lot of happy memories, Lucy use to love bread, and every morning I would get up and make a slice of toast for her, cut into fingers of course, and this was her breakfast with us. One Day we was looking for the full loaf of bread, and could not find it, the low head and bloated stomach gave the mystery way.

Lucy would greet anyone that passed our house and made friends with everyone.

When asked by these people how Lucy was, we had to tell them she had passed, and then they would recount a story about Lucy, and how she had touched their heart, and the conversation left me and the stranger with a smile on our faces.

My family and I will carry Lucy in my heart for ever.

Last edited by paulbrom2001 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Maggi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad and happy thoughts for you today. What a nice story and glad that you gave her 10 happy years.
angieb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes sad and happy thoughts for you today.

Lucy was a very lucky girlie to have found such a loving home after such a bad start. And I know from your posting that you consider you were lucky having known her, being able to care for her and give to her the life that she deserved to have from the beginning.

Lovely stories and memories to linger on through the years.

angieb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Obituaries (Dogs) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: