British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you do with It ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> And Now For Something Completely Different!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fred22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: What do you do with It ? Reply with quote

Now we have three there is a fair sized amount of poop produced daily that currently we bag up and take down to the nearest doggie bin. Not sure this is environmentally friendly though and worrying should we have a hot summer about the aroma

We did once have a so called dog loo that you bury where it was supposed to dissolve but that didn't work, one of the worst jobs I remember was digging it back up because it was brimming over Shocked

Theres plenty of folk on this forum with two, three, four or more dallies and I'm wondering if anyone has a smart way of disposing of this ?
Jeangenie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flush it down the loo.
fred22

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really ?
Mortissues

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, down the loo! Rates and water already paid for, away it goes!!!
gillieworm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ours goes in the wheelie bin. I live with someone who has OCD, if he for one minute thought I had put dog poo down the loo he uses he would seriously have a stroke Shocked so defo not an option for us.

I do wonder how we get so damn much in the garden because they each have between 2 and 5 poo's EACH on their daily walks Shocked
Nicki

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillieworm wrote:
Ours goes in the wheelie bin. I live with someone who has OCD, if he for one minute thought I had put dog poo down the loo he uses he would seriously have a stroke Shocked so defo not an option for us.

I do wonder how we get so damn much in the garden because they each have between 2 and 5 poo's EACH on their daily walks Shocked

Laughing Sorry Gill but please feel free to send him down here for a week we could do with organising Laughing

I wonder if they could be trained to use the loo like some cats Confused but then Holly would still be rushing Banjo while he was takeing his time reading the paper Laughing

Banjoliers PA & Faithful Follower
jabbadal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are lucky enough to have easy access to the manhole covering the waste (where the loo would go!), so poop is put into a seperate dustbin that seals very well, then regularly flushed down the manhole with plenty of water.

We too tried a 'dog loo' without any success. I think it was too many dogs for the one loo, although my partner converted a regular dustbin in exactly the same way and increased the quantities of the 'digester'. It still could not cope!

http://www.zyworld.com/jabbawockdalmatians
donothing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: What to do with poo... Reply with quote

What to do with poo?

We have a green doggy loo bin thing, not for use but for our dog hating neighbours to think it is where we dispose of the dog poo, seeing as they reported us to the dog wardens for cleaning it up and cooking it on the B-B-Q (very strange dog hating neighbours). Because I take both dogs to the beach every morning for an hour or so before work, and Steve takes them to the park on an evening they do most of their business there and it goes in to the doggy bins that are every 100 yards or so. I confess that I have a garden bonfire once a week for all the dead plants, leaves , junk mail and personal mail with addresses on etc and any around the garden "accidently" gets raked in to the fire, the ashes left going in to the composs heap. Sorry but I could not pick it up, bring it in the house and then flush it as it can be huge piles at times and would block the loo.
fred22

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you can get wormeries that apparently deal with poo but after the experience of the dog loo I am a bit wary. It's just a shame that if you have a couple of horses they are producing lovely stuff you can put on your roses (or feed to dals: http://www.britishdalmatianclub.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3664&start=15)
Flygirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillieworm wrote:

Oh no Shocked I was looking forward to less poo now I've got them on to raw.

www.elizabethsampsonpiano.co.uk
www.dalstorm.co.uk
www.nuadalseurope.co.uk
http://tyrodal-nuagene.blogspot.com/
Burley

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Liz, it ain't necessarily so, mine only do 2 each a day (one on each walk) and sometimes not even that so there is never much in our garden.
gillieworm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flygirl wrote:
gillieworm wrote:

Oh no Shocked I was looking forward to less poo now I've got them on to raw.

My father in law calls my 2 s**t machines Laughing he said he's never seen so much **** come out of dogs before he met mine.

I can only go by Logan as he's the only one we have had to compare a dry food diet against - but he's always pooed the same amount, regardless of what diet he's on. Only difference is, every single one has been pick upable in the 2 years we've been feeding raw - something that was hit and miss before raw feeding. I used to dread him pooing on walks cuz I was always uncertain whether it was gonna be something capable to put into a poo bag Embarassed Never had that worry since
Nicki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillieworm wrote:

My father in law calls my 2 s**t machines Laughing he said he's never seen so much **** come out of dogs before he met mine.

Laughing My dad answers the phone "S**t Factory" when these two are visiting Embarassed Laughing

Banjoliers PA & Faithful Follower
fred22

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillieworm wrote:
Only difference is, every single one has been pick upable in the 2 years we've been feeding raw - something that was hit and miss before raw feeding. I used to dread him pooing on walks cuz I was always uncertain whether it was gonna be something capable to put into a poo bag Embarassed Never had that worry since

Thats the Ultimate for dog owners isnt it? Pick-Up-A-Bility? Still doesnt convince me to have Millie dragging a chicken wing round the house though.

Millie on a good day can have five ! Five ! All good sized ones Rolling Eyes
lina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more often than not holly does two a day,i never thought of the loo it just goes in a poo bag in the wheelie bin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> And Now For Something Completely Different! All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: