British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CRUFTS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: CRUFTS Reply with quote

I had a thought (strange but true!), on the way back from CRUFTS. who in the North West got placed or pulled out for another appraisal, by our judge? Why not share your success, big or small, with the non-attending North West fraternity?

Something a little controversial and will undoubtly cause comment is another observation of mine...
What is happening to our young Dalmatians?
We witnessed a veteran dog go BOB, which in it's self is always great BUT how does it reflect on the breed? Are our young dogs maturing slower than they used to? Why?
Let me know what you think!
Ribblehill
Jules

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya
We didnt get to Crufts with one thing and another, but i know Louise from Caldecacre in Lancashire did very well and got 3rd with her pup Tyrodal Caracal of Caldecacre.
Well Done Lou Laughing
J & co xxx
Kay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:11 am    Post subject: Crufts Reply with quote

Hi

In reply to your second point. Having looked, not just at our results from Crufts, the "problem?" you note dosen't seem to be only in our breed. Several other breeds had vetrans in the big ring. At least in our breed it appears that our dogs do better than the foreign dogs shown. I know we had foreign dogs placed but they didn't win the classes.

Many of the dogs in the final line up were from abroad. Maybe this is something that we need to watch?

As for our dogs maturing later, this is supposed to be a slow maturing breed and perhaps we are returning to this. Perhaps puppies are not being exersised as much as they once were and are taking longer to muscle up? not a bad thing.

What do others think?

Yours

Kay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> North West All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: