British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone do HTM?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> And Now For Something Completely Different!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyrd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Anyone do HTM? Reply with quote

I had been debating trying some HTM moves with Cooper, but going to Crufts has really given me a kick up the bum to attempt some more things.

Cooper does sit, down, stand, spin (only the one way at the moment) paw, hi five, back, walks to heel and we have the beginnings of weaving through my legs.

The only issues I am having with him is that he can be very inconsistent, one day he is superb and so attentive and picks everything up very quickly, then the next day he just wont even try, and it's very frustrating.

Does anyone do HTM with their Dal? Just to prove to me it can be done Laughing

Nags Equestrian -Handmade beta biothane synthetic bridles and dog equipment to your requirements.
Wyrd

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?

I've just bought the book by Mary Ray with some routines in it to start us off.

I've started doing some work with the other 2 dogs as well and my 16 year old Collie who has not done anything like this in her life before is already showing him up by doing the leg weaves perfectly after 2 goes Laughing

Nags Equestrian -Handmade beta biothane synthetic bridles and dog equipment to your requirements.
Spotalot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it done with a Dally on the Victoria Stillwell..''It's me or the dog'' programme if that's any help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> And Now For Something Completely Different! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: