British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dog friendly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenda

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: dog friendly Reply with quote

Hi all and ....

O.K. - Here's a question or two for some of the 83 'views' - are any of you in Victoria? - do any of you know of a place to go for a few days with your dog? I've trawled the internet and found lots of so called 'dog friendly' places but what they basically mean is that they have a fenced block and you can bring your dog (what a bonus!) - 'dog friendly'' does not mean that the dog can be where it normally is at night - with you, sleeping in its bed inside.

Victoria 'the place the be' - not with a dog it seems.

Grateful to get any info

Thanks
Glenda
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Dog Friendly Reply with quote

Hi Australia

Here in the UK we have various organisations that publish Pet Friendly hotel and park accommodation. Some of these guides include things such as secure gardens and highlighted walks and in some cases provide dog beds etc.

The one that i refer to is the Automobile Assocciation (AA) guide. It is updated each year. Do you not have something similar down under?

Ribblehill, Dalmatianists do it faster (run that is!)
Glenda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: dog friendly Reply with quote

Hi Jo - and...

Thanks for the input - yes there is a touring guide - "RACV" Royal Automobile Club of Victoria and they have apparently quite recently (tonight's check on the web) published a "Pet Friendly" guide (for a price of course) but as I have searched all the holiday/rental etc. sites that normally appear in RACV guides, I fear that all I would find (for the price) is what I have already seen on the web. I was sort of hoping that I might find someone in the region 'who knows someone' and has been able to find accommodation for themselves and their dog in 'normal' circumstances and have a holiday break.

The State Government's pr tag is "Victoria - the place to be" - like I said before - not if you've got a dog. Think England and the English people are a lot more friendly, understanding and accommodating of dogs and their owners.

Would be interested to hear just what sort of accomm/services are offered in the AA guide you mentioned - maybe I could put a few suggestions forward to our government's tourism advisors and the RACV (maybe I could move mountains too!!).

Cheers
Glenda
Ribblehill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Pet Friendly accommodation Reply with quote

Hello Australia (sorry it has taken so long to reply.............)

There are numerous publications re-suitable pet friendly accommodation here in the UK.
The www.theaa.com publish a book titled AA Pet Friendly Places To Stay, which has over 1,500 AA inspected hotels and B&B in Britain and Ireland. It is an essential guide for pet owners wishing to take their pooches on holiday (and saving money on boarding fees!)

It is simple to use with easy to read symbols, information on exercise areas as well as local walks. All charges are identified and if food is provided, if you 4 legged friend can share your room etc, the cost is 6.99p

They also publish a guide of Pubs 'n' Pets which has similar information at a similar cost.

I hope this is of some use to you and other enthusiasts. Maybe people could share their own tried, tested and recommended 'places'?

Ribblehill, Dalmatianists do it faster (run that is!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Australia & New Zealand All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: