British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from jasper and Elizabeth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oscardoo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Hello from jasper and Elizabeth Reply with quote

Hello from Jasper and Elizabeth gray this is our first post.thought we would introduce ourselves Jasper was 1 year old on 22/10/13 and we have had him from 8 weeks old. He is our second dally who replaced our liver spotted Oscar who passed a year ago aged 14.
Believe it or not I only became aware of your site in the last few months of Oscar 's like when I would trawl the internet looking for solutions for his arthritis.
Since having Jasper -who is the exact opposite of Oscar-I have found the posts on this site invaluable so thought it was time we became a member .jasper has just succumbed to the dreaded dally rash (which Oscar never had,)so in middle of debating if to change his food we feed him James eel beloved turkey and rice
I will try and upload picture of jasper and would like to thank all members for the info I have gleaned from this site in the past year[/img]
LaRen616

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!

Sinister Black ~ "The Prince of Darkness" 5.5 year old black male GSD 3.11.09
Draven ~ "Dakota's Unbreakable Vow" 16 month old male Dalmatian 6.30.13

Cats: Chaos, Mayhem, Monster, Wicked
KissCass

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome.

There are lots of posts on here about dally rash. If it's really bad then some people on here have found that a course of antirobe an old fashioned antibiotic has helped, but vets are not too keen to give it. Cassie gets it on her head but it doesn't seem to bother her too much. If it's itchy then some piriton helps.
Ann99

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome! Laughing

It would be lovely to see some photos of Jasper and of Oscar too!
Oscardoo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Thanks everyone Reply with quote

I will upload pictures of jasper and Oscar when I have figured out how to do it [image] Laughing [/img]
Spotalot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to you and Jasper Very Happy

So sorry for the loss of Oscar...we know how it feels...we still miss our Dylan terribly whom we lost in April, also almost 14 and with bad Arthritis.

Daisy had Dally rash badly her first year and it finally cleared up with 3 weeks of Antirobe which I had to beg our vet to try, and she was convinced it wouldn't work.
Incidentally she will now prescribe it for any skin things on dallies.

She still gets the occasional bumps along her back but I really think its a nettle or grass allergy and not food.
If I get in quick and give Piriton twice daily for a few days it seems to pass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> New Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: