British Dalmatian Club Forum Index British Dalmatian Club
British Dalmatian Club Forum

AlbumAlbum    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello, Health advice please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Health Matters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Hatter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Hello, Health advice please? Reply with quote

Hi there,

My puppy, Rollo, has been showing strange characteristics as of late, and I wondered if it would be possible that anyone here has experienced similar. I am expecting a call back from the veterinarian on Monday morning, but I have read somewhere that Dalmatians are known for being very whiny dogs (One of his characteristics). I apologise for the length of this post.

I have a 9 month old Dalmatian, and he is seeming very stressed and cannot settle. He will stand by the door and whine to go outside. Maybe this is because he loves being outside where he can chew my tree and destroy my plants, but it could be something else.

Some things that I noted down yesterday about him/his personality that may or may not be of use:

He has started to pass gas, a lot, and it is so bad that I have had to leave the room several times. It is genuinely awful.

Around 50% of the time, he will throw up water after he has drunk. He forgets to drink sometimes and will drink from his water bowl for several minutes, then throw a little bit of it back up. I attributed this to the fact that he drinks so much in one go?

He was prescribed "Metacam" when he was younger, because he grew so quickly that his legs were hurting and he was limping.

He has eaten Acana kibble, didn't like it and refused to eat it. I then tried him on fresh meat and raw food but it never seemed to fill him up and he was always hungry and trying to eat everything in the house. I then changed him to Taste of the Wild, but he again refused to eat it. He is currently eating Orijen puppy and loves it.

He was diagnosed with "Demodex" about 5 months ago, and we have been treating it with "Etiderm" shampoo and "Advocate".

He has recently started to chew his feet occasionally.

He eats grass at every opportunity he gets.

He has had three episodes of stomach pain/discomfort. When he gets this way, he refuses to eat and becomes lethargic, not wanting to leave his bed or do anything. We have been to the vet for it on all occasions, but we were just told to keep an eye on him and bring him back if it gets worse. The third time we went, one of the veterinarians told us that he needed to eat "Hills I/D Gastronintestinal low fat". We visited a few weeks later for an unrelated problem (My girlfriends puppy managed to find some medical tape and eat it whilst they were with our dog sitter for an hour, we didn't know who ate it so they both saw the vet) and was then told that this food was wrong for him, so I don't really know what to believe.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thankyou In advance

MH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    British Dalmatian Club Forum Index -> Health Matters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: